Serving Families In The Bluegrass Since 1993.
Putting You At Ease, Protecting Your Rights
Get Clear And Honest Advice About Your Divorce
Getting a divorce is major decision. Just the mention of the word divorce can prompt a string of worrisome questions. Will I have enough money to start over? Will I get to stay in my home? Will I have custody of my children? How much time will I get to spend with them? Uncertainty and misinformation about the divorce process can make these questions cause you even more anxiety.
At The Law Office of Elizabeth A. Hill, my goal is to be the knowledgeable guide you need to feel secure about your future. Since 1993, I have devoted my time to helping families navigate the complex waters of divorce in Lexington and throughout the Bluegrass region of Kentucky. My advice is based on honesty, experience and knowledge of the law.
As your attorney, I will:
- Handle every detail personally, from filing the complaint to finalizing your divorce
- Take the time to conduct a comprehensive review of your case and understand your goals
- Help you understand the difference between uncontested and contested divorce and which option would best accomplish your goals
- Use the benefits of mediation, where possible, to save you time and money
- Tenaciously advocate for you in court when litigation is necessary or the better option
- Educate you about the law and what to expect under your individual circumstances
- Remain objective when emotions run high, providing common-sense solutions so we can stay focused on protecting the things most important to you
- Negotiate a fair division of marital property, including real estate, retirement accounts, vehicles, personal assets and even your family pets
- Help you get the alimony/spousal support you deserve or challenge an unreasonable request
- Guide you on how to talk to others about your divorce
- Safeguard your parental rights in child custody and visitation matters
- Develop a time-share arrangement that fits the needs of your family
You Can Trust That Your Best Interests Are My Priority
If you are considering divorce and want a lawyer who provides straightforward and knowledgeable advice, you have come to the right place. Contact my law office at 859-554-1567. You can also reach me by completing a confidential form online.